kmslaw
kmslaw, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 15 years legal experience behind me and I graduated from the University of Sydney with First Class Honours in Arts/Law.
72036894

I WAS DRIVING MY CAR AND GOT REVERSED INTO BY A TAXI DRIVER

Customer Question

I WAS DRIVING MY CAR AND GOT REVERSED INTO BY A TAXI DRIVER AND HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR OVER 2 MONTHS TO GET MY CLAIM THE TAXI COMPANY HAVE DONE NOTHING ABOUT THIS AND I AM WITHOUT A CAR I HAVE GONE AND GOT MY INSURANCE QUOTES AND SENT THEM TO THE TAXI COMPANY THEY KEEP TELLING ME THAT SOME ONE WILL CONTACT ME I FOUND OUT YESTERDAY AFTER 2 AND A HALF MONTHS THEY HAVE NOT EVEN LODGED A CLAIM
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. You should be able to get your car fixed through your own insurer by paying an excess. Then the insurer will sue the taxi driver to pay for the repair costs. I assume that you were insured? You should be leaving the repair in the hands of your insurer. If your insurer is not organising the repair you should be calling them up. Does that help you with the process?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not insured for full comp insurance i have done everything the taxi company wants and they keep telling me they will get back to me and never have i just want to get an answer and deal with the matter i want to sue the taxi company for loss of time and income
Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

If you are not insured for full comprehensive insurance then you will have to sue them and I cannot help you with that process online, you will have to see a solicitor in person. They will cover the different heads of claim (loss of income and time)in the statement of claim when they sue.

Expert:  kmslaw replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I mean the when the solicitor sues on your behalf.