Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

My bank has a writ of possession and have arranged an

Customer Question

My bank has a writ of possession and have arranged an eviction for tommorow 10am I have the funds but the bank doesn't open until 9.30 am and they want me to take them a bank cheque to they city and they will stop eviction. Is there anyway it can be stayed for a couple of hours
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

The only way is to go to court and get a stay but you wont get that done either.

You can try contacting the Bailiffs Office and send them a copy of the bank cheque.

If the bank is expecting you they should delay the eviction by 1 hour to let you get their.

Contact the Bailiffs office this morning and advise them you are on your way to the bank and hopefully they delay. This is the best I can offer you.

I wish you the best of luck.

If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards