Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I lost my licence months my deremit points, the 3 months is

Customer Question

Hi I lost my licence for 3 months for losing my deremit points, the 3 months is up tomorrow, but I got caught driving a month ago and have a somins for cought for driving unlicensed. So can I start driving again until my court date? Or am I disqualified
until my court hearing?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Because you have a summons you can start driving when the suspension expires but when you go to court and the new matter is dealt with you will lose your license again.

Until you get a sentence from the judge, you are not suspended with the summons.
So you can drive until the court makes a decision. Contact Vic Roads though to make sure you can simply just drive. In some jurisdictions you have to go back to the licencing department and get a new licence. Just check.

Good luck. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards