Brisbane.Lawyer
Brisbane.Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Lawyer of the Federal and High Courts of Australia; Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Qld
75875724

I have a 8 month old baby girl and haven't been able to see

Customer Question

Hi I have a 8 month old baby girl and haven't been able to see her the mother will not respond or mediate cooperate, I travel over 2000 km to see my daughter after being promised I can always see my daughter no matter what, I have a network of family on both sides to support me and my daughter and we all have concerns on bubs well being, my ex is physically not fit for mothers role, contradicting blackmailing selfish and abusive, what can I do please this is gone on for a month with nothing in place as been difficult to get something started, I have contacted legal aid and appointment is not untill the 27-8-2015
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane.Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, when you say that you have not been able to have the mother mediate cooperate... does this mean you have attempted to organise a mediation session with a Court approved mediator?

If yes, then you should have been given a "Certificate of attempted mediation". Please advise if this is the case.

If not, then you need to contact a Court approved mediator, and attempt to schedule mediation asap...

Here is a link to be able to search for Court approved mediators:

http://www.fdrr.ag.gov.au/Search.aspx

Before any legal steps can be taken... you must first go through the mediation process, or at least attempt to do so..

Kind regards,

I await your responses, kind regards, James