Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

What rights do I have to my emails in terms of the privacy

Customer Question

What rights do I have to my emails in terms of the privacy act. I belong to the Jims franchise group. I think my email go via their server before it comes to my email account.
If you could help that would be great.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you are using their server and they provide you with the email address then they have a right ot check them. For private emails you should have your own account with gmail or hotmail etc.

I believe that the email access they have is in the Franchise Agreement that you have signed to by the franchise and there is very little that you can do.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards