Brisbane.Lawyer
Brisbane.Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Lawyer of the Federal and High Courts of Australia; Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Qld
75875724

I own 2 units under the NRAS scheme. Lorina from PR Rentals

Customer Question

I own 2 units under the NRAS scheme. Lorina from PR Rentals had bee looking after the properties but now Blinks look after. Lorina has not paid me any rent for the properties for the last year nor she has given me the EOFY.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane.Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

I assume that PR Rentals are a licensed real estate management company, and that the properties you own are based in Qld - is that correct?

I also assume they are they still in business, as they are currently listed on the Qld Government list of approved tenancy managers for NRAS.

Approx. how much $$ rent is owed?

I assume you have a property manager appointment agreement, and this property manager will be in breach. You need to send a letter of demand to PR Rentals, for the outstanding rent. Please advise if you would like to provide a quote for legal services, to send this letter of legal letterhead.

Depending on the response, and the amount owed... we can discuss your legal debt recovery options.

The Department of Housing and Public Works in Qld approves tenancy managers, so if PR Rentals are based in Qld, and you make your complaint known to this Department in the first instance... they should be able to place some pressure on them regarding the situation... as it is totally unacceptable that you are owed so much rent, and hopefully place some pressure regarding their status as an approved tenancy manager.

Next, if they are a registered real estate agent... there will be steps you can take to complain via the REIQ... and again, their real estate license could also be in danger of being revoked.

Kind regards,

Please accept and rate my response. Cheers, James.