James D. Ford
James D. Ford, Solicitor
Experience:  Consulting Principal at Nexus Law Group
75875724

I pay $27 a fortnight to insuranceline funeral and for

Customer Question

I pay $27 a fortnight to insuranceline for my funeral and for $50.000 accidentally insurance which at the beginning of the year i fell and broke my pelvis but as the days went on i was getting that bad i could not walk and then by the time i went to the doctor over a period i had 3 injections to stop the pain as it was that bad i could not walk drive or do anything. So i put a claim in and they have just put me off and off until now. Then Friday i rang to see what was going and they tell me they aren't going to pay me as i didn't go to the doctors with in 48 hrs. But i have put 2 other claims in and i didn't see a doctor with in 48 hours and they paid me for them. So there excuse is that they were different claims but no one has ever said before that it had to be with in 48hr. Please help me kind regards ***** *****
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  James D. Ford replied 1 year ago.

Hi Kerrianne,

I assume your two previous claims were for major illness insurance... please clarify the exact name of the insurance policy you have made a claim against... or were they for income protection? and if so, what type - rate saver or time saver?

The starting point is to review your insurance policy and determine what is specifies regarding this 48hour condition...

Once I clearly understand which policy applies... I will look for a copy of your accident policy online, and if I can find it, I will provide you with my feedback.

Your next step should be to make a complaint with the insurance company directly via their internal complaints process.

I note that your insurer is actually TAL... refer below..

TAL Life Limited

FOS Member number: 10949
ACN/ABN: ***********

Formerly known asTower Australia Limited

Also known asInsuranceLine

If this does not resolve your issue, then you can take the matter to the relevant industry Ombudsman at no cost to you, which in this case is FOS... and TAL are a member.

http://www.fos.org.au/

Kind regards,