Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

A few months ago, I bought a set, 13, of stair treads front

Customer Question

Hi, a few months ago, I bought a set, 13, of stair treads for my front stairs, from local timber supplier. I was assured that wet green hardwood at $78 a step was the best and common way of doing this. My concern was that they be unsafe and that I would need to replace them in less than a year.
The treads/steps have buckled and are splitting bady, making them dangerous for splinters. I will have to replace with hardwood SEASONED timber. The supplier, IO feel charged me for seasoned, and gave me fresh cut green timber. Have I a right to have them replaced or money back? thankyou
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

If you have confirmation on the invoice of what you purchased and they are not fit for the purpose you are entitled to a refund or a replacement.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards