Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

Tax dept wants to liqudate my company im obtaining a loan to

Customer Question

tax dept wants to liqudate my company im obtaining a loan to pay tax debt but they are giving me no time to secure this my lender said it will take a month to secure loan which I understand they have given me till the 21st of August to pay in full or they take me to the court on the 26 of August and file for liqudation how can I stop them so I have time to pay the bebt
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.

You cannot legally prevent them from liquidating your company but if you can convince them that you will actually have the money just a few days after they are proposing court action, they likely will give you a little more time.

If they seem reluctant it may simply be because previous extensions have proven unhelpful from their point of view. The onus is essentially on you to prove to them this time is different.

If you feel they are being unreasonable, as it appears, then it may help to contact their manager.

I trust this assists your understanding.

Good luck and please rate my answer.

Patrick