Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I live in Queensland and am building a house. I need fencing

Customer Question

I live in Queensland and am building a house. I need fencing done but the lands on either side of my block haven't been sold. The developer has placed a clause in the contract saying he won't be liable for any cost for the fences. Is such clause legal?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It is legal and you cannot force him to pay for the fence.

Because you signed the contract for the land with that clause in it you have agreed to be fully responsible fro the fence and not charge him.

Having said that, you can approach them and ask if they can make an exemption. If they agree then this amends the contract and you can then get something towards the fence. But it is legal and you cannot force them to pay.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance, even if it is not what you wanted to hear. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards