Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I would appreciate advice on a medical negligence matter

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would appreciate advice on a medical negligence matter court case set for 23 0ctober 2015. My Lawyer has advised me that they are intending to cease acting for me. They will be filing a notice of ceasing on the 8 September 2015. My concern is If I cant find another Lawyer to represent me, what do I do about this court date that is set.. I phoned a local lawyer who advise me not to show up as they cant get any money from me because I am currently on part centrelink and income protection and I don't have any assets. I would like to know the correct procedure as I do not want to be in contempt of court. Thank You for your time. kate
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon.

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Is the court date for a final hearing or just a mention?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It will be the final hearing
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

Do you own any assets?

If you fail to appear the court will make cost orders because the other side had prepared for the hearing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My question is what do I do now for court.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I don't have any assets.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

The payment failed for some reason

Do you want to proceed with it and when is the hearing date?