Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Its i have house insurance,my porblem with inground pool

Customer Question

hi its chris i have house insurance,my porblem with inground pool level of water started to fall.i noticed the pool roller had fallen in over night due to high winds,with this i pulled in out and placed back on top of pool,didnt think any more about it. Then somtime later 7days or so or more not sure ? The level of water was dropping,gee that,s strange this never changes,so I filled it back up,next day same thing level was down,gee whats wrong it was also very wet weather if i have a leak how do i find it so i keep filling up pool.Still more so stoped using fiter so i keep the water in the pool no running time,level still fell,PROBLEM IN POOL liner is torn not plastic strong vinel.My son friend had fallen in pool on roller which did tear liner i was not awear of this insurance said they will accept claim $8,000.00 dollars to fix next day rejected it saying i said it was storm damage or wind NOT WHAT I SAID.I DIDNT know the friend fell in they wont accept it see i was not told by the boys later,thinking that when i removed pool cover i thoungh thats how the damaged happened chris
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

In the actual claim, what did you put down as the cause of the tear?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sons friend falling in pool and pool roller damaged the liner ,when i thought the wind had done then damaged when i removed roller but this was not so ,i didnt know the friend fell in later which caused the problem with working full time i looked at the pool some time later and said gee the level is very low this took two weeks to find the tear in liner they are saying that when i rang them i thought it was the wind, not nowing is was not done then but later when friend feel in ta chris
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My concern is that they have said that it was the wind in your claim or have I misunderstood?

If you set out in the claim that it was the friend falling in and they ave refused it then you can take it to the Ombudsman. But if your claim stated it was the wind, you will have an issue.