Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I recently had a run in with paypal. I am a new business

Customer Question

Hi, I recently had a run in with paypal. I am a new business operating as a dropshipper predominantly selling consumer electronics. I have had the paypal account and used it since 2014. wafter day two trading I was made aware they where holding funds. I was told once they received the tracking details for sale no 1 they would release the account. by day 5 i had mad e$17K+. I tried to reason with them telling them the gross worth here was in excess of 12K USD and that i could not cover such an amount and asked for at the least 50% back
They refused completely and afyer fighting it with tem daly i took ot upon myself to refund the buyers as tPP msde it clear they would not release the funds. This caused me a loss of 16K (first original phone was sent prior to my account freeze. On top of this i have recieved bad reviews on eby an dcan no longer trade as a resulky of the damage to th ename.I lost a total of 65K sales for the month and now despite the fact that there is 1300 in there b
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What is your question?