Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am employed full time within a small building company in

Customer Question

I am employed full time within a small building company in Queensland. since a new general manager has come on board I feel I have been the target of bullying by him.
this has made me feel like I can not do anything right and is affecting my performance. to which I believe I am possibly going to be let go.
as the ne GM is quite new I feel the company owner will not listen to me fully and side with management. I feel I am stuck. as part of my pay is from commissions I feel if I am let go I will not see what I feel I am entitled to.
is there anything that I can look into? I feel if I say anything I definitely will lose my job athough everytime I ggo in lately ifeel sick and don't feel like I can go in. any advise would be appreciated as I feel it may be also affecting my home life too.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Have you noted the bullying and what he has done? If not then you have to and then send a copy to the owners and speak to them.

They are required to have a work environment that is without bullying and harassment. If they cannot have this they are liable.

It may be that you have to report this to the Fair Work Ombudsman if the employer does nothing.

You may also have a workcover claim if this is affecting your psychologically and you should speak your doctor about that.

You have to make detailed notes on what happens and bring it to the employers attention first and also speak to your doctor.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards