Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

How close to my fence and how gh can my neighbour build a

Customer Question

How close to my fence and how high can my neighbour build a deck with roof gold coast
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

It varies and the following link gives you details for QLD. Depending on the size of the lot will determine what they can do. It influences the height of the structure.

They would have to make an application with the council and get approval.

Generally they have to be 1 metre form the boundary but that can be varied by council.

http://www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/planning-building/do-i-need-approval/types-approval/building-near-boundary

You need to contact the council and get detailed information on what they have applied for and you should have been notified of the building and given the right to put in an objection.

It is not a simple one because it varies from lot to lot and council can make decisions specifically for each lot.

I hope this makes sense and is of assistance?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Do you still need assistance?