Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I need my child's fathers date of birth, he left the country

Customer Question

I need my child's fathers date of birth, he left the country 7 years ago, how can I get it? It's an emergency
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have his full name, age and he is on our child's birth certificate, I can also tell you the state and country he was born at
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

What reason do you need it for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I fall asleep, I need it for her pass port and it's an emergency cause iv paid flights and accomdation and leave on the 26th this month and it's not refundable, if you want to call my number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He left us when she was a baby and that's so hard for us,I cryin my eyes out everyday and I don't want my daughter to miss out on this holiday that we saved up for such a long time, she will be devistated she used he Christmas and birthday money and I'm a single mum and have been since her father walked out on us, please please I need help
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

That is ok

I am not able to call you sorry.

If the child is a minor you will need the fathers consent and if you do not know his whereabouts you have a problem.

The only way to get the birth date and details of the father is under Freedom of Information from Centrelink or Medicare.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/corporate/freedom-of-information/

It is not a simple application and it does take some time.

Because of the privacy laws it is not a simple thing.

If you were married it should be on the marriage certificate.

But you need his consent for the child to be issued with a passport.

Do you have his consent?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to get the one parent application but it's asking me for his date of birth, please please I beg you, it's hard enough her not having a father and now to crush her like this, she gets picked on at her catholic school cause she has no dad and is pretty depressed over it all and doesn't understand why, please and he did sign a passport when she was first born
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

I am just a solicitor, I cannot give you the date of birth it is information I do not have.

You will have to go through Centrelink as I have suggested.

Do you have court orders that you are the sole parent?