Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Balboa Press have extracted payments of $763 + $660+ $660

Customer Question

Balboa Press have extracted payments of $763 + $660+ $660 for a scotract signed by me I cncncelled the contract after initial payt but ey continued to extract thes two payments from my credit card ignoring my notification of cancellation My credit card has been stopped but Balboa Press it's no doubly a SCAM The contract obviously will not be be honoured by them I have NOT presented any manuscript of my forthcoming publication. Is there anyway of recovering this money.
ANZ bank is investigating this fraud
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you sign anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can email contract to if needs be
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Can you email me

***@******.***

Once I receive it then I can accept the phone call so I can talk about it then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ANZ Bank have cancelled my credit card and advised that they will contact me in 2to 3 business days
Balboa Press do not possess my manuscript as I DID NOT SUBMIT IT because of contract limitationns
I ASKED THEM TO CANCEL MY CONTRACT followed by several requests in email for confirmation but they ignored my request extracting 2 subsequent payments of $660 from my credit card until now I was not aware that Balboa Press has scam history
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

Can you email me the document you signed with them? Also did you lodge a form with the ANZ to get your money back?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have already paid $45 how do I pay the $73
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what you mean by the money? I do not deal with that.

You need to contact the administrators.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
signed agreement has been sent twice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am waiting communication from ANZ Bank to formalize
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon

Once I get it I will contact you.

The ANZ should be able to get back your money if it is a scam and has only just happened. They should put a hold on the payments they have taken and not require you to pay them money until the investigation is over and not charge you any interest.

It is good that they have cancelled the card and you should have been issued with a new one.

Talk soon