Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Leon.. I was wondering if I can get some legal advice. I was

Customer Question

Hi Leon.. I was wondering if I can get some legal advice. I was on the bus a few days ago and I saw a man masterbating and felt the need to tell the police. I have never come across the police before, and I felt that he needed to be punished for what he did. So I lied while giving my witness statement. The police have looked over the CCTV footage and said that some bits don't add up and they will ring me up in a couple more days to let me know. What should I do in the meantime? Should I fess up? I'm really scared.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you report it to the bus driver?

If he was masturbating in front of you deliberately then you should report it to the police.

Did anyone else see what happened?

Why did you lie?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

Your lies to the police is a criminal offence and you can be charged as well.

Speak to a solicitor to go to the police on your behalf and talk to them about withdrawing the complaint so that it does not go further.

If it goes all the way to court and then you admit to the lies you will be treated harsher than doing it now.

Good luck to it. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards