Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I entered into a business partnership recently and run a

Customer Question

Hi. I entered into a business partnership recently and run a publishing company and a shop with my business partner. Because of my low income I was asked to sign a stat dec to say that the $40000 that I put into the buying the shop was a donation and that I would not seek repayment of it.
Just a few months in the business is going extremely well but things of gone sour with my business partner and myself and I would like to sell my half of the business. Is there a way that I can do this and recover some of my losses? (we took out a $30000 loan to set up the shop.) Also as I have no income will I be entitled to legal aid?
Thank you,
Ann-Marie
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Did you sign anything?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning.
I am following up my last post.
Do you still need assistance?