Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I have worked in a bakery in tasmania years in that time ,I

Customer Question

I have worked in a bakery in tasmania for 2 years in that time ,I have been subjected to what I call bulling from the manager she gossips about all members of staff and if you question anything at all you do not get shifts. will not confront or deal with issues and once held a staff meeting with myself and another staff member in the storeroom were all staff had to pass through to get to staffroom or stock has told me that the other girls donot like working with me and introduced me to anew staff member as the shit kicker. We are about to have a training night, which will be attended by the owners of the bakery .we have had no date yet she just keeps saying soon the girls are all worried as they need to know at least a week in advance to organise their kids and second jobs. everyone is scared if they do not attend they may have their hours cut. we all want t be open about what is going on but our mamager is friends with the owner so we all feel helpless.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.

Have you and the other employees referred the bullying to the owners?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 other employee who left in the end. The manager is friends with the owners so they have beleive her story.I wrote her a letter telling her how I felt about the way I was treated and I did use the words harrasment and bulling. It seems to come in waves with her we all getting on and then the picking on one or 2 staff members begins.Today at work everyone except myself had T-shirt on for a promotion photos were being taken and at the last minute she looked over her shoulder and invited me into the photo,I was cooking at that moment so I was not in the photo it was a stressfull and embrassing morning.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Afternoon,

If the employees all feel the same way then you should all get tougher and sue. The employers have too investigate and have meetings

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
court action is not what we want as a group we just need to know is there anyone we can go to and disscuss this problem with and then talk to the owners
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Evening,

As individuals to get advise?

Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
Just following up my last post. Do you still need assistance?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning,

The only place you can go to is the Fair Work Ombudsman and have mediation.

They will assist you in trying to reach some agreement and possible way of resolving the issues.

This is your only option if you do not wish to sue them.

I hope this makes sense and is is of assistance. If there is nothing further

thank you for using my services.

If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know

If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.

Regards