Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

G'day mate I'm asking on my phone because my mate is paranoid

Customer Question

G'day mate I'm asking on my phone because my mate is paranoid , he imported 40 seeds under his own name to his own address in Wa lol but he is regretting it now as they were for someone else again that is computer illiterate he want to know the consequences and possible outcomes or law enforcement reactions. I couldn't find anything on the sheet
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.If the customs people seize them then the police may investigate. Has he been charged?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the tracking says they just arrived in Perth so there only a day or so from showing up at his house or the other consequences I asked about ? He's ready to leave his house for a few weeks to let it either be delivered or God know but he's freaking bahahaha
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, If they do not discover it, then nothing will happen. If they discover it they may not deliver to him and he will be contacted to come see the police. If they charge him then they will go to court and if he is found guilty he will have a record. Depending on the amount and the charges will determine the size of the fine. If the amount is trafficable then he can get a jail term. He should contact a solicitor and have a solicitor go with him to any meeting if they ask him to see the police. Here is some information about WA penaltieshttp://www.police.wa.gov.au/Yoursafety/Alcoholanddrugs/Illicitdrugsandthelaw/tabid/1468/Default.aspxI hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
truthfully no it didn't help him much at all I probably could have found that information for him but now he's paranoid enough to leave so I guess I wasted my time and money lmfao
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
If you can tell me when he is charged the details of the charges I can give you more details. But at the moment with no charges, there is very little else I can give you. I am only guessing.They may not do anything this time as they may not pick it up. The laws on drugs are very detailed and the charges are specific to the actual crime. This is based on the amount that is bought it and the type of drug,. He does face charges and a criminal record and this will make his life difficult because it will affect him being abel to travel and work in some industries. I hope you understand that I am not able to give you specifics.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
No solicitor can give you more than I have without more specific details and in particular the charges.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,
I note you have not yet rated my work. Unless you rate my work I am not paid.
If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
Good Afternoon,
Regards