Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

We hired a venue to hold our wedding. It is a farm venue with

Customer Question

We hired a venue to hold our wedding. It is a farm venue with small guesthouse. We borrowed the marquee from the owners of the property and paid professional Marquee erectors to put it up for us. On the night after the wedding reception, a terrible windstorm blew up and tore the Marquee into a tangled mess. We have paid insurance to cover the event, including property and public liability... Property cover up to 20,000.00
The marquee is completely destroyed and needs to be replaced. Our insurance company are saying it is not our fault, and assume we hired the marquee. Do we have the right to our claim? We want to pay for the replacement of the marquee of about $13,000 and believe our insurance should cover that. We took our event insurance for the entire weekend.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.It depends on the type of cover you had. You have hired the marquee, as part of the venue even though you say you borrowed. If you can convince them that you were liable as the contract you have with the venue, that you are responsible they should cover you but you need to look at the agreement you have with the venue and the insurance agreement. I hope this makes sense?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, I am following up my last post. If this all makes sense and there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,
I'm just following up our discussion earlier this week and seeing whether there is anything else I can assist you with.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know.
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards