Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Hey, I received my quarterly electricity bill and it is

Customer Question

Hey,
I received my quarterly electricity bill and it is over $3,600. I usually pay around $400 each quarter. I have called up and they have said this is due to my invoice being a total of ALL my amended bills since 2012. In 2013, after a meter reading (actual) I received $3,000 in credit. So I have no idea what is going on and my provider is being less than helpful in resolving this issue and are planning to cut my power in 2 weeks time.
Could I please have some legal help in resolving what is going on, are they even allowed to amend bills since 2012 if all have been promptly paid on time?
Thanks
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Are you saying that the metre readings in the past have not been actual readings but estimates?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,
If you dispute your accounts you should take the complaint to the Energy ono;busman in your state.
Here is the link to the SA ombudsman
http://www.ewosa.com.au
They will mediate and if they find against the energy company they have to comply.
I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,
I am just following up my last post. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
Regards