Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

If I have a offence of stealing would that affect my application

Customer Question

Hi if I have a offence of stealing would that affect my application of permenent resident cisa
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I have a offence back on 2011 of stealing, will that affect of my application for permanent resident visa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.In any application you have to be a good character and not have a substantial criminal recored. You have to disclose this offence to the department in your application. You should also provide a detailed statutory declaration from a person that is aware of the offence and can give details that you are a good person and this is out of character. The following link explains what the Migration Act requires in relation to character. http://www.immigrationlaw.com.au/document-363/an-introduction-to-the-character-requirements-for-visa-applicants-to-australiaSo if it is just a fine that you received it should not have any effect. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Morning Leon , so is mean I still can apply for my permanent visa
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, Yes you can but you have to disclose it to them. Do not hide it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have apply a Australia federal police clearance is stated on the certificate so I just hand it to the immigresen, I just worried about they will cancel the visa
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, Yes you do. But when the application asks you about charges and convictions you have to say yesThey will not cancel your visa. Provided you do the right thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon I just get confuse by reading one of the article , I just make my question a little bit more clear , I have apply my visa on year 2009 and got a offence in 2011 went to court as stealing, and Paid a 500 dollar fine so i that affect my applicationThanks
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
You have to let them know this has happened.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon.,
I wish you all the best with your application.
If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know
If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback.
Regards
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning
I am following up my last post, If there is nothing further thank you for using my services.
Regards