Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have a divorce case in the family court of WA that

Customer Question

Hello I have a divorce case in the family court of WA that has been in limbo for some time. A divorce was just granted but the binding financial agreement was presented with a deliberate conflict (Orders of Consent that were drawn up in haste and submitted to the court with a previous BFA I intended to challenge, creating the conflict) My husband and his lawyer have maintained for sixteen months the case is closed and that the BFA stands while the Orders were dismissed. This is not the case what are my legal options here.
I am very afraid of my husband but this issue remains a constant worry to me as there are items in the orders I need for my protection.
i hope someone can help me
Beth King
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, but I am a little confused by your story, and need to clarify a few things:What did the Orders of Consent say and how did they relate to the BFA?What Orders were dismissed?What items do you need for protection and why are you afraid of your husband?Were you legally represented when the BFA terms were agreed?Why do you want to challenge the BFA if you previously agreed to its terms?