Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Can you advise me in relation to a contract sale

Customer Question

Hello Can you advise me in relation to a contract for the sale of my rent roll. The retention period expired on 27th June and the purchaser did not advise me of lost managments until 20 July. There are a couple of questions I have about some of the clauses of the contract and my interpretation of them.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.I am concerned with your question, it gives me the impression that you do not have a solicitor acting for you. When is it due to settle? You can email me the contract and I will have a look at it. In your email please point to the clauses you have an issue about and what your concerns are. The email is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon
I do have a solicitor but they are acting for both sides. The purchaser is now making a substantial claim on the retention monies and I just need to have some of the terms clarified. I will email the contract through shortly. thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon
I have just sent the contract through.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good evening, They have a conflict of interest and they have placed themselves in a difficult position. I will respond as soon as I get it. It takes a bit of time as it is checked in the US before they on forward it to me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Leon
Do you think you will be answering me tonight?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
I have not received the documents yet.