Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Good Morning, I'm currently a business owner & a gas company

Customer Question

Good Morning,
I'm currently a business owner & a gas company is refusing to cancel our services & pickup gas bottle. My name is ***** ***** the trade application & even after numerous emails to cancel they have ignored my requests. Finally we had to cut the padlock & disconnect the gas supply ourselves. The amount of gas that was being invoiced was incredibly high, and unreasonable, therefore no longer wanting the services. They have recently sent us another invoice, after emailing them to cancel gas supply & to pickup their gas bottle... help !! What are my rights?
Thanks
Regards
Penelope
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Do you have a copy of the agreement you have with the gas company? Has it expired? What does it say about termination?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't have any information about termination. Its a trading account application. I emailed them on the 29/6/15 to pickup gas bottle and take my name off trade account. I didn't receive a response. On the new invoice its says that a driver came and refilled it on the 12/7/15 after I notified to cancel services..
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, It may be that they never received the email.Do you have confirmation that they have received it. Have you contacted them and advised that you have terminated the services and provided them with a further copy?The contract has to advise you how much notice you have to provide to terminate. How often do they attend and refill?