Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Nurse on my mine site giving private information about my girlfriend

Customer Question

Nurse on my mine site giving private information about my girlfriend being pregnant to someone without our consent and someone I did not want to know .
Where do I stand and how come she thinks she can do this ??
kind regards
Peter
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.It does not fall under the Privacy Act and there is very little that you can do about it. Unless you have specifically told her in confidence and specifically requested she not tell anyone there is nothing you can do. If it was in confidence, then the question is, for any court action, what are you losses? If you cannot find any losses or damages flowing from it then you would not start any actions. On the professional side she has breached confidentiality and you can report her to the Nurses registration board and the employer.I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon