Brisbane.Lawyer
Brisbane.Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Lawyer of the Federal and High Courts of Australia; Lawyer of the Supreme Court of Qld
75875724

I am terminated because some e-mails generated from my e-mail

Customer Question

I am terminated because some e-mails generated from my e-mail account'
I do not know it is me as I was in a bad condition and my wife who left me had issues with me and clever enough to use it
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane.Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you talking about your work email account? or personal email? Is the email account able to be accessed from any internet connection, or only via your work computer? Did your wife know your email account password? Do you know where you were and what you were doing at the exact time the emails were sent? I await your responses. Kind regards, James
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you
I am talking about personal email
yes
yes
I was sleeping or away
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
actually I was in New South Wales with a friend
How can your personal email be accessed? via any internet connection? Do you have the security setup, so that any attempt to access from a computer that is not normally used... sends you a notification to your mobile phone? Do you have a 2-step verification procedure setup.. for anytime you or anyone else accesses or attempts to access your email from a new computer? Did your ex-wife have access to your old computer (as an example?)Kind regards, James
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She was living with me and she had access to my house on those days. She returned the keys only now.
My recommendation is to have a technical person to investigate the emails that were sent, and if it is the case, to confirm in their expert report that the emails were sent from your home computer... (and that the home PC was at the time - not being controlled remotely). This report, combined with the fact that you were interstate at the time will help you to put forward a case that it was not you who sent the emails. Your next step would be to attempt to have a private meeting with your ex-employer to discuss the evidence. I also need to understand - what concern is your private email to your ex-employer? Kind regards, James