Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I'm hoping you're able to assist with a matter we

Customer Question

I'm hoping you're able to assist with a matter we have. We purchased a 6000 x 3000 digitally printed banner sign and paid for three years to lease space. After the contract ended we tried to arrange delivery of the sign however they wanted payment first. This was in February. We were sending out a cheque for payment but have had a couple of losses in which we did not send the cheque. Early this month (july) I contacted them about the sign and payment. They did not respond and I chased them a few times which they finally responded today stated they disposed of the sign. We paid for this sign and it was expensive. They did not try to contact us in any way or give us the opportunity to get the sign. It was very clear that we wanted it. What can I do? Do they have the right to just dispose of it?
Look forward to your reply,
Thanks
Angela ***@******.***
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Do you have any of this agreement in writing, and evidence that you sent the cheque, Or was the cheque never sent out to them?Were you paying rent even after the contract ended for your sign to remain in place? What did the contract you initially entered into say would happen if you did not pay rent?