Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

My son is 14yrs old and refuses to come home as i wont allow

Customer Question

My son is 14yrs old and refuses to come home as i wont allow him to drink alcohol or smoke drugs. Tge police said as he is 14yrs old they CANNOT force him home, and as he appears to be happy and healthy to them he is safe. My son has informed his twin at school that the lady he is living with whom i dont know is a seller of ice and weed. How do i get him home legally and safely?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
HelloIssue is, he is aged 14 years old.A court would be reluctant at best to make an order, as he is at an age where it is obvious that he would not adhere to a court order, if one was made. There is little option here for you sadly. You can speak with DOCs, however they will take the view the police have I suspect.