Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I Russell Thompson Director of {Peel Valley Traffic Control

Customer Question

I Russell Thompson Director of {Peel Valley Traffic Control Pty Ltd} was doing contract work for Essential Energy namely traffic control road services, around Tamworth and surrounding areas. On 22nd June 2015 I received a letter from Essential Energy Port Macquarie advising that from 01 July 2015 that Peel Valley Traffic Control will not be required for this contract work as Workforce International had won a contract for the next 5 years.
My QUESTION is why wasn,t Peel Valley Traffic Control Pty Ltd issued a Tender notice for the said period of 01 July 2015 - to 30 June 2020. As PVTC was under taking traffic control road services for Essential Energy the past 2 years . I find it very distressing, when I have recently purchased $20,000.00 worth of new signs & updating my fleet to take advantage or the new Budget write off for small business.
This letter I received from Essential Energy mentions a Tender process, but why wasn,t
PVTC Pty Ltd advised of this or asked to Tender ??? I BELIEVE this accounts to unfair dismissal. It would be appreciated if you could reply to this matter urgently
Peel Valley Traffic Control personnel has had 2 years of great working relationship with
Essential Energy staff namely Alan Partlin- Jeffry Hardcastle & personnel. This work was given to PVTC because of previous failures or short comings with Workforce International
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.I cannot comment on why you were not requested to participate ion the tender but the tender process is usually advertised and open to all companies. Because you are a contractor you cannot sue for unfair dismissal. Your only option is to sue for breach of contract and you have to look at the contract you have with them and see if they have breached it. Does your contract have a set period in it or is it open with either party having the right to terminate?