Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Can I move back into my house my defacto changed the locks

Customer Question

can I move back into my house my defacto changed the locks my name is ***** ***** titles as is hers it was my decision to move out but now I wish to move back in she says no can ido this
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Has she made a complaint to the police due to violence and is there an order that you cannot approach her?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, You have a right to go back. But before you do contact the police and advise them that you need their assistance to go back.You have a right to go back as you are on title and it is your home as well. But to stop her from calling the police and getting an AVO you need to make sure the police knows and if possible they can be present when you gain access.