Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Buying a property and one of the Vendors died. Owned as joint

Customer Question

buying a property and one of the Vendors died. Owned as joint tenants I have been told settlement can not proceed Is this correct?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.It can take place but you have to wait for the Transfer to take place to the surviving joint tenant. Why are they saying it cannot take place. It is not that difficult to Transfer to the other joint tenant all that is required is the death certificate and a Notice of Death to be completed. Do you have a solicitor?