How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Deborah Awyzio Your Own Question
Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Category: Australia Law
Satisfied Customers: 863
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
Type Your Australia Law Question Here...
Deborah Awyzio is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Leon, Looking to drop charges against my brother of 50K+. Seems he is reh

Customer Question

Hello Leon,
Looking to drop charges against my brother for theft of 50K+. Seems he is rehabilitating himself successfully and there is no need to proceed.
Julian Wales
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Are the charges bought by the police or is it a civil suit where you are suing him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Police. Contested hearing scheduled for mid September. Because of the amount involved diversion was not an option, despite requested by my brother. I had been led to believe diversion would be the most likely outcome. I would not have proceeded otherwise. My brother had a long standing gambling problem. Our relations are severed, but I do not want to ruin his future prospects.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Leon,
I don't seem to be getting a response.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Have to go. Will be back laterWill investigate and get back to you.