Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

Not sure if you received the first part of my question I really

Customer Question

Not sure if you received the first part of my question I really just wanted to know if I left my husband for 6 years not divorced or legally separated. I have returned for over 2 years I didn't claim any Super or any fair and reasonable amount for the family home that I had paid half the deposit and mortgage for. The mortgage was completed paid as my husbands mother passed away during the last year we were together he came to a figure of 90k the house worse evaluated at 360K, he paid 50k from parents inheritance. My question is I didn't claim any Super my husband a lot of his income into super and I provided money for the furniture food holidays bills etc. I have four grown up children which I didn't receive any government funding or maintenance for a/ because my husband and my income was too high even though he paid a lot in maintenance for his two children, my ex husband previous marriage father of the four children didn't pay any maintenance as he worked for himself and didn't pay tax. Am I entitled to part of my husbands super I divorce him now excluding the years we were separated?
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you please answer via my email address only***@******.*** for privacy reasons, I just realized my husband has access to this computer.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Did you have any property settlement when you first left him?How long were you married when you first left and how long have you ben back?How long ago did you divorce?