Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I had been with Optus cable pay TV.but was infuriated

Customer Question

I had been for years with Optus cable pay TV.but was infuriated they could not provide a means to view Ashes cricket.I contacted Foxtel who initially conceded without an antennae I could not view the Ashes.However some 40mins after my contact with Foxtel a rep rang me assuring I could view The Ashes if i connected,to which I agreed.
Imagine my fury some 4days later when connected to Foxtel when the technician informed me that Ashes not available on satellite connection - which is only available in my area !
I have made ph complaint but,5 days later no reply.
Kevin
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You have been mislead and you should report them to the Telecommunications Ombudsmanhttps://www.tio.com.auYou should have a right to terminate the contract and get your money back. You can also lodge a complaint with them directlyhttps://www.foxtel.com.au/got/support/complaints.htmlBut you have been mislead by them and you are within your right to terminate with no penalty. There is no compensation though. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon