Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

When getting solar connected I was told that my feed in tarrif

Customer Question

When getting solar connected I was told that my feed in tarrif would be 66 cents it went down to 60 after the federal gov. took their 7 cent contribution away.now 2.5 years later I am being told they made a mistake and I only qualify for 6 cents feed in--I only got the system put in based on what I was told about feed in at the time.The company Origin Energy claim they tape all calls but are unable or do not want to go back through tapes to see what I was told at the time.I now know I was not entitled to the 66 cents because of time constraints on ordering etc although I met the time constraint as far as being connected to the grid was concerned. My question is how do I now stand as I only bought the solar system fron Origin based on what I was told at the time that the feed in tarrif woul be
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Did you get it all in writing when you installed it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is happening??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still with me
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening.My apology for the delay.When you signed up they should have given you a contract that set out what you were to receive. What did you get?Here are the rates that you should be receiving depending on the years that you put the panels uphttp://www.originenergy.com.au/content/dam/origin/residential/docs/elec-gas/NSW_Electricity_FeedinTariff.pdfWhen exactly did you install them?