Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

What powers does a Scheme Operator have in drastically

Customer Question

What powers does a Scheme Operator have in drastically altering a 17/18 year old residence contract in a Queensland Retirement Village? A full description of the particular circumstances applicable to this case can be supplied if you will advice how to
submit it.***@******.***
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.You have to look at the agreement that was entered into at the time of occupation. This is what sets out the rights and responsibilities of the parties. Did the occupants have legal advise when they entered the retirement village? If so then it would be appropriate for them to speak to the solicitor and also provide additional information. If you wish to email the initial agreement and any correspondence I can have a look at it for you. The email is***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. The document is at least 16 A4 pages plus a 50+Public Information Document. I believe the Solicitors who acted for us in the purchase have either merged or gone out of existence. I shall take your advice and establish if they have successors and attempt to contact them. If that does not succeed then I shall get back to you. Norman Gampe
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, Good luck with it and if you have any issues please let me know. Until then if there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon