Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I am looking template letter regarding enforcing a non

Customer Question

I am looking for a template letter regarding enforcing a non compete clause for an employee who has just left and now going to work for a competitor?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Here is a link that can assist you.Click on print version and then you can download it. The problem you have is that as they have left there is no obligation to have them sign and they can refuse. http://www.smetoolkit.org/smetoolkit/en/content/en/1022/Sample-Non-Compete-AgreementGood luck with it. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry you have not answered my question. We already have a non compete agreement in place, what I am looking for is a template to enforce the clause as the person has left the firm and now wants to work for a competitor. Please respond.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My apology for thatIn your letter to the employee you start with confirm that you are aware that they have commenced employment with a competitor. If you know when they started then you set out the date. You then confirm that whilst they were employers by you they entered into a contract dated XX/XX/XXX and under that contract they were not permitted to work for a competitor within a set are for a set time. You then refer to the sections in the contract and attach copies of them. Finally you set out that if they do not cease and desist and confirm in the next 24 hours that they have resigned from their positron you will be starting proceedings to enforce the contract and the clauses. I hope this is clearer and I am sorry about the misunderstanding. I am happy to look at a draft for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much. Is it an additional cost to review the draft I have done?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
No additional costemail it to***@******.*** look forward to receiving it. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much I have just sent it through to you.
Sophie
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I got an error to say your email rejected the attachment?
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
have you sent it again?