Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have recently been told to take leave and then decide if

Customer Question

I have recently been told to take leave and then decide if I wish to stay or go when I return. I was told this shortly after telling my boss I was not coping with some external and internal issues. In 3 years I have never faulted in my work, I have never had a performance evaluation or been given notice of poor performance. what should I do
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane.Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, at this stage the decision is with you... your employer has given you time out to deal with the issues you are currently facing... and it appears you can decide to leave by tendering your resignation, or to return to work when you are ready to resume. You have not been terminated from your employment. What are the internal issues at work? is your employer going to try and address these? I await your responses. Kind regards, James