Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have received a letter from a NSW solicitor saying I have

Customer Question

I have received a letter from a NSW solicitor saying I have a $55 parking fee $43 admin fee and $77 solicitor fee. 7 days to pay or legal proceedings will commence for debt recovery. For a parking infringement with Pripark in Qld. This is the FIRST I know about it. Any advice?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening,My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Do not pay it. Ask them for a copy of the infringement and deny the allegation. It appears to be one of these private car parks that have been on the news that overcharge. The cost to commence proceedings is more than what they are asking for, so do not concern yourself with the threat at this time. Had you been in QLD at all during the time they say?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I live in Qld, in the town where I allegedly received the original parking fine. I believe on the day in question I would have been at work in a nearby town. I will have to get my timesheets to prove this.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning,Have a look but. There have been cases where people have been billed and they were not even there.