Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

We received a billing from ActewAGL which we have not incurred

Customer Question

We received a billing from ActewAGL which we have not incurred this costs. We have a country property tenanted and managed by real estate agent. The tenants moved out 7th June. We visit the country house that time and stayed in a caravan park, never used the premises. May 28 , ActewAGL has been contacted as the tenants moving out June 7, we want to access the premises. ActewAGL was contacted 28thMay but since they cannot provide gas connection as they do not service the area, and the electricity can be connected, they were informed that we do not want their connection service as they cannot provide both services, we then go to Origin to have the connection. At the end of June, we received an excessive bill worth over $2000 fromActewAGL where we have only been in the house once before a new tenants moved in. We dispute this bill and we are not living at all in the area. They are placing the bill on the landlord where we have not any connection or that usage with them. Can you let me know the legalities to charge them back.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Can I confirm, are you the tenant?Had you agreed to have a service provided by them?Did they provide the service?