Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

Thank you Leon we have a hearing with Vcat to sort it out.

Customer Question

Thank you Leon we have a hearing with Vcat to sort it out. new question I have had real estate firm to list my property for sale for the last 2 months the property was listed with them on a 6 month contract in the 2 month science I listed with them they
have not shown any one the property and to day I took out of their hand, as I have found some one who is interested in buying it. Can this agent clam commission on the sale if I sell it my self ? How long do I have to wait before they have no claim? The property
is in the Swan hill district of Victoria Australia
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Evening, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Yes he can claim the commission because you are still in their period. You have to wait for the period expires and then terminate the agreement. You need to give him notice. After that you can sell. The agreement will set out the dates for you. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. If there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon