Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

James Brisbane Lawyer--still trying to get my $10000 deposit

Customer Question

James Brisbane Lawyer--still trying to get my $10000 deposit back, used solicitors to start she then took me through QCAT and still on goingBarry Turvey v Janette Lister q272/15. I have supplied all proof as best I can .She claims she has paid me in cash
the sum of aprox $48oo towards the deposit on the purchase of a home--have supplied all my bank financials fro September 2014 to June 2015. She relies on withdrawals from her bank which she claims she paid to me, plus cash from 3 garage sales aprox. I have
supplied several affadvits --spelling--to say she has never paid me any monies
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Brisbane.Lawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I need to clarify... you say you are trying to get your $10k deposit back? who did you pay it to? did you obtain a receipt? was there a contract for the purchase of the property? Then you say she says she has paid you cash towards the deposit of the purchase of a home... do you mean she says she has paid you back your deposit via cash? Please clarify the above, and I will then proceed further... cheers, James