Daniel, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (dist) Graduate Diploma in Legal Practise. Admitted NSW Supreme Court / High Court
13248794

Wondering if you can give some advice... My husband's

Customer Question

Hi - wondering if you can give some advice... My husband's brother has been harassing my husband and obstructing him from functioning as enduring PoA and Guardian for their elderly mum. The brother is acting in a very unbalanced way - turning away car providers from the home, threatening to "compromise", "ruin", and "get" my husband if he bothers him. Problem is the brother is living in the home of his mother. I'm afraid that he will carry out his threats on my husband. Last night the brother "man-handled" my husband when he went to the house with a nursing provider for an OHS assessment. They were refused entry by the brother. Police came to keep peace.
Category: Australia Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm concerned about my Mother (in law) and also husband. In the past police did not think there was enough for an AVO for my husband.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brother is refusing to leave his mother's house and has been issued a notice to quit a few days ago. He is not a tenant. I'm afraid what he will do in retribution. There is a history of domestic violence including another sibling and the resident brother, and our child. I have witnessed him being abusive verbally on numerous occasions to his elderly mother (with dementia), and saw him manhandle hismother v roughly. Without another witness, police did not want to pursue and we were unwilling to allow our child (15 years then ) to give police statement. We did not want him involved.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
HelloHave the police not charged him with domestic violence related matters?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No - too clever for them. They've come to the house numerous times. The brother has also been making demands for money via text in return for his cooperation. One demand was for $150K, most recently $30K to be allowed inside house with carer last night.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
You really need to contact another police officer.They need to act as everything you have informed me is stalking / intimidation / assault and the like. The police will be incorrect in not acting and will be in breach of their duty.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.
https://www.ombo.nsw.gov.au/otherwise file a complaint, this is outrageous.