Leon, Solicitor
Experience:  BEc Dip Ed, Dip Law (SAB) MTax (UNSW)
12124641

I live in western australia and have recently finished

Customer Question

Hi i live in western australia and have recently finished working in the office of a direct sales company that employs commission only sales reps. A few weeks before i finished i had given one of the sales reps a list of their own sales. That rep also left the company and has been contacting customers on the list and getting them to cancel the order and go with her new employer. I have not been contacted by anyone regarding this but have heard that staff are talking about me.....What is my position?
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Does this person work for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, she works for a different company in a different industry from where i now work.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning. Were you under a confidentiality agreement not to provide the details to anyone? Did she have access to the information you provided her without your assistance or was it only through you she could have accessed it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No confidentiality agreement. She was not able to access info herself.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good MorningThere is very little they can do then and they will have to sue her to stop her doing what she is doing. This is a very tricky area of law. As a contractor you have no obligation to the company but if they can bring you under the corporations Act you have a problem.It is not an easy thing for them to do but if they start proceedings you have to be prepared to defend them. But based on the little information you have provided I suspect they will have a problem. I hope this makes sense and is of assistance. if there is nothing further thank you for using my services. If I have missed anything, or you have any further questions please let me know If there is anything else in the future please do not hesitate to ask. Please do not forget to leave positive feedback. RegardsLeon