Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I have worked at a local supermarket 8 years

Customer Question

I have worked at a local supermarket for about 8 years fulltime I went on sick leave for 2 weeks ending Friday 10th July, on Thursday 2nd July I was called into my CEO office for a meeting, he handed me a termination of employment letter effected immediately. I have a doctors appointment on the 10th July with possibly another 3 weeks sick leave, depending on my health. I was on a salary with a pay of 48000 inclusive of all leave loading and sunday work. I was just wondering can I be fired while on sick and being on salary can my leave loading be added to my salary, hoping you can help
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good AfternoonMy name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.Why did they summarily dismiss you?You have a right to bring an unfair dismissal claim. the last day to file is the 23 July and you have to get a move on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had a meeting with allegations of my staff saying I approved of them removing use by codes which were false, I apparently used profane language to my staff and excessive unauthorised markdowns, the first 2 were dealt with by another staff member from my manager, but all of a sudden I was to blame for these. The last one I accept but I was not the only one that bought these products.I feel I was fired to accomadate for a new manager.
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, What evidence do they have, just what the staff say?Have you had any arguments with the staff?