Patrick H.
Patrick H., Lawyer
Experience:  Dip Law LPAB - Sydney based lawyer
61534878

If my spouse is under an AVO alcohol and he

Customer Question

If my spouse is under an AVO for consuming alcohol and he breaks it around me will I loose my kids.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Patrick H. replied 1 year ago.
If your spouse is under an AVO and he breaches it the consequences will ordinarily apply only to him, but what they are will depend on what is in the AVO.However, if you have child protection authorities concerned for your kids because of the behaviour of your spouse around the children, and he breaches the AVO, the authorities may well take action to isolate the children from your spouse, which, if you are unwilling to remove yourself, may include removing them from your care. That would likely only occur in a fairly extreme case, but it is a possibility, and I would suggest you discuss the possibility with any involved child protection agencies that you may be dealing so you know what to expect.I trust the above assists your understanding.Good luck and please rate my answer.Patrick