Deborah Awyzio
Deborah Awyzio, Solicitor
Experience:  Bachelor of Laws (QUT), BIT (QUT), Family Law Accredited Specialist, over 12 years experience
14265171

I thought I had an understanding with my bank to collect my

Customer Question

I thought I had an understanding with my bank to collect my Qantas frequent flyer points. Nearly twenty years collecting ( about TWO million points) at a cost of approx $600 over that time. Sure, I was saving them up, I thought but they passed them on to Qantas and Qantas only save points for one year,apparently. I've been dudded, is there anything I can do? Of course ANZ refuse any responsibility.
Category: Australia Law
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon, My name is ***** ***** I am a NSW Solicitor. Thank you for your question, and will do my best to assist you with your question. Please understand this is not legal advise Please understand this is not legal advise but a guide to assist you.I am not sure what you are asking? What type of card do thou have? Is it one that the points go to your Qantas Frequent Flyer Account monthly or one that the points accumulate and you chose when to send the points across?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understood that my ANZ Viza accumulated points were passed on to Qantas when I chose
Expert:  Leon replied 1 year ago.
Good Afternoon,My understanding is that the points collected are valid for 3 months and if not transferred they then expire. Do you have the terms and conditions of the card that you hold?Over time they changed. You need to also see if they are toy notify you that the points were to expire. If they had to and they did not then you can take them to tracks about it. All of this is contained in the terms and condition of the card you hold. I hope this makes sense?